Building a Successful Auto Dealer Social Media Strategy
The first step towards ensuring profit maximisation is adaptability. Few will argue that the need to keep up with the times and appeal to the market is one of the cornerstones of good business strategy. In order to make sure that one can effectively capitalise on the growing market, one of the things that is needed is a successful social media strategy. In this article we look at some of the ways in which a successful auto dealer can create an unbreakable and effective social media network.
Top Ways To Build A Social Media Strategy
As we have seen in the introductory piece, the need for a widespread network is paramount. In the subsequent sections we will look at why capitalising the social media scene is of primary importance. In this section we look at some of the ways in which a car dealer can setup, use and automate the social media.
1. Identifying the Reader: One of the bedrocks of building any business strategy is to identify the target audience. In the case of using social networking to one’s advantage there is a distinct need to identify what the audience that will read your blog is like. When it comes to target audience there are a few things one must look at. These are:
· The economic subgroup: What this refers to is that being a dealer, one must be aware of the price range of the products. Since the blog is going to correspond to the actual products that you sell, it is natural that the audience of your blog belongs to a certain financial section. Knowing the economic situation of your reader is of prime importance since it will influence the kind of articles that you include in the marketing blog. From car accessories to how to manage dealership finances- most of the information must cater to the financial preferences of your target audience.
· Social Section: Again, this is an area that requires special attention. The reason being that when you are deciding what the contents of the blog are going to be like you must take into account the nature of your audience. So, for instance, if the target audience is a younger group of people, one could probably talk about more youth centred car accessories and gadgets. Knowing the social section of the reader goes hand in hand with understanding their economic status.
2. Leverage The Story of the Brand: What many people overlook when it comes to building relationships with the customer is the need to leverage the brand story. By putting the story of how your company started, what initial hardships you faced, why you chose auto dealership as a business venture and so on and so forth, you will have accomplished building a direct connect with the customers. In marketing, this is a very effective practice whereby the dealer and the client find some common ground. It increases familiarity and positively affects the sales. Leveraging the story through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and even the lesser used sites such as Hi5 or Google+ is a good way to boost your online presence.
3. Build an Online Community: Needless to say, it is important that you have a large scale online presence. There are two ways of doing this:
· Join Google+ : By joining cloud oriented software like Google+ you can broaden the base of your online clientele. The best part of doing this is that since Google+ has a number of communities, there are chances that you will have a relevant and interested audience.
· Creating Chains: Say, for instance, you have a reader who is reading your blog. By asking the reader to share/post the link of the blog to his social group you will have started creating a wider audience base. In this way the articles you circulate regarding, say, the latest brands of fuel or motor car engine oil receive a wider audience and increase your potential clientele.
4. SEO Optimization: It is not merely enough to start a blog and advertise it on social media sites. These days everyone is about Search Engine Optimization. In order to ensure maximum traffic, doing the right kind of research, managing content and optimizing for keywords is imperative. In addition to this, adding related videos and responding to comments is one of the ways in which the social media capitalisation might be enhanced.
Furthermore, using LinkedIn, Google+ and other cloud software in order to increase traffic is a smart strategy
5. Automate Content Sharing: One of the hallmarks of increasing internet traffic is by automating the social media sites such that your blog posts are discovered and shared. Since this is a slightly longer and more labour intensive process we have dedicated an entirely different section that addresses the issue of automation.
How to Automate Content Sharing:
As discussed, automation is the primary tool that will assist you to channel your blog posts in a way that increases traffic. In this sub-section we take a look at the step-by-step process that automating involves.
· The Basics: When it comes to automating content there is basic formula that seems to work for the best auto dealers. This is the 5-3-2 formula for content sharing. What this means is that- 5 articles should be from other sources that is relevant to the audience and ensures that your brand does not seem like a completely profit-making organisation, 3 should be from your own auto dealership dealing with relevant content such as machine parts, fuel and so on. Care must be taken to avoid sounding like sales pitch at all times. Research finds that this might decrease the overall appeal of your blog. 2 (or 1 in many cases) articles should concern matters unrelated to cars sales. This helps humanise your brand which is the cornerstone of good marketing.
· Buffering: This is a process by which you can line up or schedule a number of posts into your queue for a particular social networking site. So, for instance, if you are using the free version of the software Buffer (that allows this sort of queuing) simply setup each of the social profiles Facebook, Twitter etc.- and queue up the 10 posts that you want. The reason Buffering is needed is because it is time effective and saves manual work.
· Using Followerwonk + Buffer: Taking the Buffer activity one step further, you can subscribe to the software Followerwonk in conjunction with Buffer. What Followerwonk does is that it identifies the time that your target audience is most active on the particular social networking site. For instance, if your audience is most active on Facebook at 6 pm, then Followerwonk will post your blog updates on Facebook at that particular time.
Using both Buffer and Followerwonk creates maximised and channelized online traffic.
· Dlvr.It: This is another tool that can be used for automating your content. What Dlvr.It does is that it allows you to automatically share posts on the social profiles. These updates appear on the RSS Feed